All applicants must apply through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). AMCAS applications can be found at the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
When Weill Cornell Medical College receives your verified application from AMCAS, we will send you an email with instructions on how to access the Supplemental Application Form (SAF). It is not possible to log into SAF until your verified AMCAS application reaches us. The supplemental application fee is $100.
Letters must be submitted through AMCAS. We require letters of evaluation that correspond with the following guidelines:
- If your college has a preprofessional advisory committee, you must either submit a letter from this committee or inform us in writing why you cannot obtain a committee letter.
- If your college does not have such a committee, we require two letters of evaluation from those who know you well and can discuss your capabilities, accomplishments and character. A teacher, whether at the undergraduate or graduate level, should be one who has worked with you personally.
- If you have had substantial research, work, clinical or service experience, you should submit a letter from your supervisor in that experience.
- WCMC requires applicants to submit scores from the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). Information about the MCAT is available at AAMC.
- Scores should not be older than three years at the time of application. For 2020 matriculation, we will consider MCAT scores from September 1, 2016 through September 14, 2019.
- Your application is incomplete until we receive your MCAT scores.
- October 15, 2019: Deadline for AMCAS application submission
- November 15, 2019: Deadline for all additional application materials (SAF submission, MCAT scores and letters of evaluation within AMCAS). It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure their file is complete.
Note: the Tri-Institutional M.D.-Ph.D. program has a separate application process and different deadlines.