Eligible Canadian medical students will not use VSAS and should apply using the following documents:
- Electives Course Catalog
- Canadian Visiting Student Application
- Visiting Student Electives Health Form
Canadian School Applications must be complete and received 60 days prior to the elective start date. No exceptions.
Additional required documents include:
- a completed Weill Medical College Application for Elective Study
- Section II of the application must be completed by the Dean of Student/Academic Affairs, and must be affixed with the seal of the candidate’s institution.
- a written statement from the Dean of Student/Academic Affairs, stating that the student is in good academic standing and is approved to do an away-elective
- a non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 (check or money order only) made payable to Weill Cornell Medical College
- a completed Weill Cornell Medical College Health Statement for Visiting Medical Students
- Proof of personal health insurance coverage (photocopy of your policy or membership card) - your personal health insurance must cover you for the term of your elective at Weill Cornell Medical College.
- an official transcript of medical school coursework in a sealed envelope
- a current CV
All the above materials must be sent together in a single envelope to the address below. Incomplete applications will be returned.
Weill Cornell Medical College
1300 York Ave, C-118
New York, NY 10065
Canadian Student Application Process
Canadian students may enroll in a maximum of eight (8) weeks of electives. We will do our best to register you for the elective of your choice; however, given the high level of interest in elective study at Weill Cornell, students are advised to provide several alternative elective choices and/or rotation blocks. As a reminder, only dates in accordance with the Weill Cornell Medical College Academic Calendar will be considered.