Student Health Services
The following lists represent the services offered by the Campus Student Health Center. Many of these services are offered at no cost beyond the annual student health fee for matriculated students.
- evaluation and management of common primary care conditions, including "sick visits"
- chronic disease management
- contraceptive counseling and management
- cervical cancer screening ∗
- routine physicals and other preventive services ∗
- primary care mental health screening and treatment
- sports medicine care
- limited pre-Travel consultations
- some immunizations (MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B and Td/Tdap)
- allergy shots (after initial consultation with an allergist)
- ancillary services, including phlebotomy and a limited number of point–of–care testings such as urine dipsticks and rapid strep throat tests ∗
- referrals to other specialists or testing facilities
∗ = Specimen collection is provided by SHS at no cost to students, but specimens will be processed and analyzed by our reference lab, with students billed accordingly.
Occupational Health Services
- annual influenza vaccination at no charge
- initial evaluation and management of occupational exposures and environmental hazards:
- needle sticks
- body fluid splashes
- respiratory pathogens
- chemical exposures
- other conditions as need arises
- medical clearance for TB respirators
- forensic toxicology screening referral for certain rotations (service provided by an outside vendor)
- student safety training, monitoring and reporting in collaboration with the Office of Environmental Health and Safety
- annual tuberculosis screening for students with patient contact
- annual health review for students with patient contact
- immunization monitoring compliance with state and other regulatory guidelines, as well as those of our affiliated hospitals
- completion of elective rotation requests and other clinical or laboratory health clearance forms
- disease reporting for government entities as required by law
Our Student Health Center does not offer on-site imaging, medication dispensary or cardiology studies. Prescriptions may be filled at local pharmacies, subject to your insurance plan. Laboratory specimens are sent to our primary reference laboratory at NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Imaging referrals are made for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and other local imaging centers, subject to your insurance plan.
Phone: (646) 962-6942
Fax: (646) 962-1491
Student Health Services
1300 York Ave., Box 258
New York, NY 10065
230 East 69th St., Suite 2BB
(Between 2nd and 3rd Ave.)
New York, NY 10021
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m., 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Closed weekends and university holidays
Students are encouraged to call ahead rather than walk in for visits, as provider schedules are subject to change due to campus obligations.
Answering Service: (646) 962-6942